Wednesday, March 30, 2011

repression in Bahrain: not in the US press

Another source in Bahrain sent me this:  "They are arresting people left and right now.  Its crazy.  EVERYONE is getting arrested.  It doesn't matter who.  They even arrested Bahraini blogger Mahmood Al Yousif (at 3 am by the way).  I really have no idea why he would be arrested.  I mean look at his blog.  Its really tame.  All he is known for is making "No Sunni No Shii just Bahraini" badges and calling for my internet freedom.  I mean, yes he supported the February 14 movement but really thats about it.  Arresting him is a new low.  Now that he is arrested, they might as well arrest everyone who has ever blogged, tweeted, or posted facebook messages calling for reform (because he was calling for reform and not regime change).  Basically - we can no longer have opinions in Bahrain.  Here is his blog."