Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Bombing of the US Marines barracks in Beirut

1) I read that Trump mentioned Hizbullah in this matter.  I asked once Hasan Nasrallah about that and he says that his party does not claim responsibility for the bombing and that the party had not formed by the time of the bombing and that it formed later.
2) Why does US media always refer to this bombing as a terrorist bombing when the target was a military target?  I remember once at a conference at Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University,  I asked University of Chicago professor, Robert Pape about why he just referred to this bombing as a terrorist bombing when the target is a military one.  I will never forget his answer. He said: because everyone considers it a terrorist bombing.  I said: should we as academic not try harder?
3) Media never mentions what the US marines were doing in Lebanon and that their mission was the support of the right-wing death squads of the Phalanges who were installed in power by the Israelis.