Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The story about the 40 "rebel groups" which condemned the attacks in Paris


So I saw most Western media circulated widely the story that some 40 Syrian "rebel groups" condemned the attacks in Paris (although ALL Western media totally ignored the extensive condemnation of the attacks by Hasan Nasrallah).  But that is not the story.  So I read the condemnation in Arabic and something struck me: that it did not sound like Arabic at all: that it was crafted in English and  then translated.  So I looked for the English version produced by the same rebels and found a copy which included an instruction to "insert a hyperlink" and makes it very clear that the statement was made in English (probably at some PR firm on K Street in Washington, DC).  I have underlined the line I mentioned.