Sunday, July 27, 2014

Ukraine and Israel: learning to shell civilians

From Don:  This is very interesting. Hennadii Nadolenko Ukraine’s ambassador to Israel explains in an op-ed in Haaretz where the Ukrainian Army and militias learn how to shell civilians in Eastern Ukraine:
“For the past two weeks, my colleagues and I have found ourselves not as mere witnesses, but rather also unwilling participants in the recently inflamed conflict between Gaza and the State of Israel. …We had the opportunity to witness the action of Iron Dome, Israel's missile defense system. We are closely monitoring the progress of the anti-terrorist operation (ATO), 'Protective Edge,' in which the Israeli army is currently engaged […]
Therefore, I would like to highlight that I, as a representative of Ukraine, appreciate the help that my state has received from the citizens of Israel over the past months. I express my deep gratitude to all the members of the group "Israel supports Ukraine" and, in particular, the volunteer group "Israel helps Maidan wounded" for their support of Ukraine and Ukrainians.
In these difficult days for our nations, overflowing with sad news, I would like to bow my head in memory of the Israeli and Ukrainian heroes who have died defending their people from terrorists. "