Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ethan Bronner: he offers his pen AND son to the Israeli army

So the story is out now. Here are the details. I have received various messages about this matter, but they were general. Until a few days ago when I received a very detailed message (from Israel?) about the son of Ethan Bronner joining the Israeli army. The message had phone numbers and details that made it more reliable. I passed it on to comrade Electronic Ali, knowing that he would obtain verification. Here are the results. I wish to thank the anonymous person who sent me the tip in the first place. He/she does not want to be identified. (He addressed me as "Dear Mr. Angry"). Now the New York Times will assert daily that Bronner will adhere to the highest standards journalism that are practiced in the paper--standards that are best exemplified by the career of Judith Miller among many others. But to understand the situation, pose this question to the Foreign Editor of the Times: if the son of Taghreed El-Khodari (and I don't know if she has a son, but go along with the apt analogy) were to join the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, would she still be permitted to write for the paper? I can now see the propaganda articles by Ethan Bronner beginning with a refrain: my son is a hero among heroes. Oh, let me tell you about the killing adventures of the Israeli occupation army....